On Oct 16, 2006, at 9:10 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

A couple of things, first of all, this is NOT emulation. With

emulation there is no contest, as emulation is VERY slow.

I have no interest in dual booting, but I'm very curious to see the

performance numbers with Parallels Workstation virtual machine

software. I know that Windows ran like crap on PowerPC Macs running

emulation, but a kick-ass VM on Intel Macs might possibly entice me to

make the switch.

There is a modest speed loss, it runs at about 90% of native speed. And you can run ANY Windows OS (Win 2000 for example).