<geezerfreak@>
> > > wrote:
> > > >
> > >  It's not his mantra. It's his method of using the mantra.
> > >
> > > "In this meditation we do not try.  We do not try to think the
mantra
> > > clearly.  Mental repetition is not a clear pronunciation it is
> > faint
> > > idea........................"
> > >
> > > lurk
> > > >

> > Whoa! I think I've heard the "faint idea" -idea only in connection
> > with TM-siddhis....
> >

> Haven't been checked lately?

Well, uh, some 25 years ago... And my mantra definately seems
to work better if I pronounce the last "letter" rather clearly,
as it was emphasized during my initiation by Mr J. H.
He said something like "the last sound resembles <beep>",
after he noticed, I believe, that I repeated that part of my mantra
to him somewhat "sloppily".
So, there seems to be some problems with the mantras when the
sounds in them don't appear in a language at all, or in a particular
phonotactic position, for instance at the end of a word.
An example, sort of, might be the Japanese and Chinese. In my
understanding they have a hard time making any difference between the
sounds 'r' and 'l'.
Another example could be the German word for 'I' (ich), which
for instance native speakers of English tend to pronounce
like 'ik'....hmmm....

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: