On Oct 18, 2006, at 12:20 PM, shempmcgurk wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>

wrote:

I've never seen Stephen Colbert's show because I guess

it's air time conflicts with my schedule.

You know, Shemp, awhile back they invented something

called the VCR.  You can set it so it tapes a program

while you're busy with something else, and then you

can actually watch the tape when you have time.

You can get a VCR very inexpensively these days, for

under $50.  You really should try it.

I used to tape everything.  Then I got this convoluted cable system

that gives you 200 channels and ever since then I haven't been able

to figure out how to tape with this system.  I've even got my cable

company's customer service on the line to help me hook things up

properly...to no avail.

I guess I should get that new service that lets you record all sorts

of things digitally so I don't have to stay in the dark ages.

And of course you'll get to skip the commercials! That's what I like the most, in addition to being able to "pause" live TV.