> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > I know this was a couple of days ago, but today
> > > I found myself wondering whether the same "looking
> > > away" could help to explain those with an Internet
> > > addiction. They intuit that they're close to the
> > > experience of nothingness, and that scares them,
> > > so they post a lot and/or post stuff calculated
> > > to get a response (positive or negative doesn't
> > > matter, just as long as it's a response), all so
> > > that the self can preserve the illusion of itself.
> > > As long as the self is busy dealing with one-on-
> > > one interactions, the "looking away" succeeds, the
> > > illusion of self's existence is preserved, and
> > > the person never has to deal with the nothingness
> > > they can feel just over the horizon.
> > >

> > Nice self-analysis. It takes a lot of courage to step up and offer
> > such a deep and critical analysis of oneself. Especially before a
> > group that can be a bit "cutting" at times. Particularly when you
> > have fueled such by regular and at times massive goading. This is
> > good. Part of the healing process perhaps.
>
> LOL. You *really* don't like to be ignored, do you? :-)
>
> Better get used to it.
>
> Pissants is as pissants does. :-)

I'll let someone else handle the above fantastic gem of projection. I
like to share.

But please Barry, ignore me. (10 francs says you can't)

I will continue to post about things that I find deliciously
ironic and/or filled with cognitive/logical errors -- and other topics
that make me laugh. No response needed. Unless you care to join in the
laughter.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: