> Rick Archer wrote:
> Last night a friend told me that a wealthy couple
>(not either pair of Kaplans) living in or near
> the Spiritual Capital in N. Carolina donated $2
> or 3 Million and later began to wonder what
> might have happened to it, so
> they went to India to investigate.
> After 6 months over there, they came back
> convinced that the Indian TMO was a mafia-like organization
> and that meddling with it could cost you your life.
> They have since distanced
> themselves from the movement.

Namaste Sri Rick Ji..,
Well all there needs to be done to help corroborate the veracity of
your "friend's story" is to investigate the facts surrounding the
history of the- "Indian TMO".
Just start with the very beginning of the "Indian TMO"..,

 Everything that happened some fifty three years ago with regards
death of Sri Vibhuushiit Jyosimutt Shankaracharya Swami Brahmanand
Saraswati the "indian tmo" had a hand in..
 Starting with and including Mishmashi Brahmachari Prasad Varma and
his uncle- Raj Varma.
It was Raj Varma whom took it upon himself to re-write the history
surrounding the death of Sri Swami BrahmanandJi in his book-
 'Strange Facts about a Great Saint' re-printed by Varma & Sons,
1980.

The spurious claims made then that- "an authentic will of Sri
BrahmanandJi that was deposited with the Registars Office in
Allhallabad on December 18, 1952" was never true!

As court documents and undisputed evidence clearly shows..
reference page 792
 .."Before his death, he executed a will which was published on June
8, 1953. By the will, he nominated a panel of 4 persons in-order of
choice indicated in the will to succeed him as head of the Math..."
http://www.austlii.edu.au/~andrew/CommonLII/INSC/1974/153.html

Then later the "indian tmo" claimed this-
.."As an aside, a few relatively unknown, early Indian publications
of the Transcendental Meditation movement claim the Sankaracharya
title for Mahesh Yogi himself, but this is not to be taken
seriously..."
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/position/shank-jyot-ascii.html

After this attempt of claiming the title of "shankaracharya" by
the "indian tmo" failed, it was followed by a charade that went on
for years-- of the "indian tmo" and brahmachari Mahesh parading
Swami Shantinand around as "shankaracharya of the north" from June
1953 until Shantinand finally quit calling himself "shankaracharya"
in 1980.

>From the Kropinski interview of Oct. 1986 with the only lawfully
recognized Shankaracharya of Jyosimutt.
 .."He said, word came to me that he (Shantinand) had
requested to be allowed on the stage. I allowed him to be present
only because he has given up this nonsense of claiming title to
Shankaracharya..."
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-1

The "indian tmo" was even present at the celebration held by Sri
SwaroopanandJi that Bob Kropinsky attended..
 .."Shankaracharya then warned me that Mahesh now knows you are here
in Vrindaban with me. He has sent Nadikishor and his spies here with
others to watch you, you must be very careful. He placed a guard
outside of my bedroom door at night and had someone travel with me at
all times. Much to my amazement, I discovered that, in fact, I was
being followed..."
http://minet.org/Documents/shank-1

Then during the 1990s there was failed a political party-Ajay Bharat
in the Indian province of Madhya Pradesh (city of Jalapur birthplace
of brahmachari Mahesh) that was backed with "tmo" funds, and named
after one of brahmachari Mahesh's newphew- Ajay Shristava.
This now defunct political party was known to engaged in voter fraud
in attempts to influnce elections..
please see my post at Alt.Meditation.Transcendental
as i wrote about this very subject some 4 years ago...
The Trail of Money and Deception
From:  ColdBluICE - view profile
Date:  Mon, Jul 29 2002 9:30 pm
http://tinyurl.com/twfr9

More news articles on the ABP (Ajay Bharat Party) of Madhya Pradesh..

Yogi casts a shadow
Of all people, Mahesh Yogi was a bizarre shadow over the
brainstorming camp here. The Yogi, with more money than he can
count, apparently has an ardent follower in former state education
minister and Congress MLA till a day ago, Mukesh Nayak. Nayak, once
an aide of Ajit Jogi, was seen as a potential star in the MP
Congress but fell foul with powers that be. It was then that Yogi
moved in.
Apparently, he told Nayak that his party, Ajeya Bharat, would field
many candidates in the coming Assembly polls and with things in a
balance between the Congress and the BJP, Yogi feels, Ajeya Bharat
could throw a lot of spanners in the wheel. So, Nayak was given a
fleet of cars and plenty of cash as incentive to quit the Congress
and spearhead Yogi's party. No amount of pleas from the Congress
high command worked and Nayak timed his resignation in time for the
Pachmarhi camp.
http://www.expressindia.com/ie/daily/19980907/25050904.html

The "indian tmo" appears to be composed of members of at least two
families- 'Shristava' and 'Varma'..or just one big happy family
related to Mishmashi Brahmachari Prasad Varma.
And, defrauding sincere gullible western people of their money has
been the "indian tmo's" sole purpose of existance for more than
forty years.

All The Best
Stephen Perino

<*> Your email settings: