> > > Just as a question, it doesn't bother you that your
> > > theory above (in the first two sentences) is in direct
> > > contradiction to what Maharishi actually said?
> >
> > Good question- I went back and read all of bob's posting regarding
> > Maharishi's talk about the Yagyas performed by the pundits. It
> > doesn't specifically address the physical placement of the pundits
> > relative to the object of focus of the Yagya, while they are
> > performing the Yagya, though it is clear about the effects of the
> > Yagya transcending time and space.
> >
> > So based on what I know today, I am comfortable with the conclusion
> > I reached earlier regarding the pundits' attention (I said
> > consciousness earler, but I think 'attention' is a better word for
> > what I am trying to say) being on the US.
>
> I wasn't trying to change your mind. I think that
> attention is probably more of a factor in the effect
> (if there is one) than the verses being chanted or
> the ceremony being performed, personally.
>
> I was just curious whether you'd noticed that your
> theory was not in agreement with what Maharishi
> actually said.

There is the question of what effect the physical location of the pundits has.
Is there none,
or is there an effect on the local vicinity of the practice, by virtue of their
physical
presence? Is this effect synergistic ala the ME? Is it distance-related in some
sense? Is it
different than the effect of their chanting or is it related? Does it enhance
the effect of
Yogic Flying in some way? Etc.

I don't know that any of these questions is even worth asking, but assuming
that the ME
exists and that the extended ME exists (N-squared effect), and that the pundits
can have
ANY kind of affect on the universe due to their chanting specific verses of the
Vedas, the
above questions aren't out-of-line.

Those are a lot of assumptions, but for those who accept some of the premises
that MMY
does, such as the ultimate ahimsa being samadhi and that it has a constructive
field effect,
the above are relevant questions.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional