<shempmcgurk@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <ltm457@>

> for
> > > the feed back take it to heart I will watch yours for examples
> on
> > > how to do a good post.
> > >
> > > You should really look at either (or both) Judy and Barry
> > > (turquoise).  They are both professional writers and they
> practise
> > > what they preach.  Putting aside their world views, they have
> > > wonderful writing styles and you would do well to follow their
> > > examples.
> >
> > Thanks, but actually I'm an editor, not a writer.
>
> You may be an editor professionally, Judy, but you do a hell of a
> lot of "writing" both here and on other forums.
>
> So I think it's fair to call you a writer (no matter what Barry
> says).

OK, but I'm not a *professional* writer.

> And I challenge anyone to find an unclear thought, an improperly
> used word, or lazy grammar anywhere in your writings.

Well, thank you again.  Just don't challenge
*me* to find these infelicities in my writing,
because I could easily do so!

> One can have flow of consciousness writing as Louis has but when
> the above mentioned qualities are applied, I believe it makes the
> flow-of-consciousness better...and easier on the reader.

Maybe, but the way to do it would be to write
freely in expressing his thought, then when he's
done go back over it to see if he can polish it.
If he's trying to edit himself *as he's writing*,
he's likely to lose touch with the source of the
flow and cramp the spontaneity.

And he may not have the time to spend on second
drafts.  I'd rather read more of what he has to
say--which is obviously rather a lot--than less,
even if it's better crafted.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: