Curtis, my very sincere apologies.  Re-reading what I wrote I can see
how you would be offended.  I included your name (I included all
those names) only because you are one of the people whom Judy has
identified as offending her.  There is nothing I have read of yours
that I feel is either unfair or dishonest.  Quite the contrary.
Moreover, I enjoy your posts quite a lot.

I'm very sorry.

-Marek

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "This is, I feel, the crux of the issue for you. Do you wish that we
> express the same level moral outrage at Barry's and Shemp's and
Vaj's
> [...]
> > **
> > RESPONSE:
> >
> > No, that contention is absurd.  Of course I read what I was
> > complaining about.   I said that it is my habit to avoid the
threads
> > but occasionally I get caught up in them, as I had this time with
> > this "addiction" thread.  I also clearly stated that I used to
read
> > all the posts, including (impliedly) threads just like this one
where
> > the "topic" might have been different but the sniping theme was
the
> > same.  It has been deja vu all over again.
> >
> > Plainly stated:  I have in the past followed threads in their
> > entirety in which you were a major participant with others who
> > formerly posted regularly on a.m.t.  According to your own report
and
> > theirs, similar squabbling and insults among you all continued
for
> > years on that forum and have now found a home at FFL.
> >
> > After following such threads for some time, I grew tired of them
and
> > began avoiding them; at first only selectively dropping in and
then
> > later, avoiding most of the participants' posts almost entirely,
> > yours included.  Sometines, however, I would dip back in and
sample
> > several exchanges between you and others.  The read was the same;
the
> > topic was merely window dressing for yet another a.m.t. tag-team
> > smackdown.
> >
> > In my experience, (and I have read scores, if not hundreds of
> > exchanges between you and other, former a.m.t. posters), the
threads
> > follow the same pattern.  My "sampling" method may not be 100%
> > accurate but I am satisfied that it is substantially so.
> >
> > **
> >
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Yeah, just for the record, it was not I who started
> > > the trend here.  I was being demonized by the alt.m.t
> > > TM critics on FFL well before I arrived, as I discovered
> > > when I was reading some of the back traffic to orient
> > > myself to the group.
> > >
> > > I'm curious to know if you're aware of the extent to
> > > which TM supporters on this forum are harassed and
> > > attacked and viciously mocked by these people when
> > > we say anything positive about TM or MMY, or our
> > > views are dismissed without consideration simply
> > > because we *are* TM supporters.  Once in a blue moon
> > > someone will speak up in our defense, but it's the
> > > exception rather than the rule.
> > >
> > **
> > RESPONSE:
> >
> > It doesn't matter who started it, for the record or for any other
> > reason.  It never matters who started it, no matter what "it" is.
> > That is the reasoning of a child.
> >
> > And, yes, I am aware that several people who post here do "mock"
TM
> > and certainly take every opportunity to put you down for your
> > on Maharishi and TM.  That is unfortunate and even childish but
> > continually react to that is only to provide more reason for them
> > continue to do so.  Again, that is the dynamics of the
playground.
> > Why persist in being baited?
> >
> > I disagree with many of the things stated "authoritatively" about
> > Maharishi and his meditation.  I've stated clearly my own
feelings of
> > gratitude and reverence for Maharishi and my own endorsement of
his
> > meditation.  So far no one has taken issue with that.  If they do
> > then I'll address whatever criticism they level against me but I
feel
> > no compulsion to correct every mistatement that I read.  People
all
> > come to their own conclusions and oftentimes reach those
conclusions
> > for erroneous reasons.  And oftentimes people will persist in
their
> > conclusions even if someone else has pointed out to them how
wrong
> > they are.  That's just life.
> >
> > **
> >
> > > <snip>
intellectually
> > clients
> > say

> > by
> > For
> > >
> > > What do you hope to achieve when you're defending
> > > someone you're convinced is innocent and you cross-
> > > examine a witness for the prosecution whom you know
> > > is lying?
> > >
> > **
> > RESPONSE:
> >
> > The same thing that I hope to achieve for every client -- to win
> > their freedom or to minimize their time in custody.  Guilt and
> > innocence is not really my issue.
> >
> > **
> >

> > >   (Have you detected any progress on
> > >
> > > If you've come to conclusions similar to mine, you--
> > > or most of you--sure aren't acting like it.
> >
> > **
> > RESPONSE:
> >
> > This is, I feel, the crux of the issue for you.  Do you wish that
we
> > express the same level moral outrage at Barry's and Shemp's and
Vaj's
> > and Curtis' and whomever else's dishonesty and unfairness and
beat it
> > down whenever it raises its ugly head?
> >
> > Do you wish that Rick ban them from FFL for those
transgressions?  I
> > don't.  (And just hypothetically speaking, if Rick did ban these
> > people, do you think that it would take care of the problems that
you
> > have here on FFL?)  Most of the time, when I see something that I
> > disagree with, I just pass it one by.  Perhaps you see that as
> > letting the Republicans win but there are (IMO) better battles to
> > engage and with greater consequences than the disputes about
which
> > style of meditation is better, who is the most (or least) venal
> > spiritual teacher, and what the dictionary definition of road
rage
> > really is.
> >
> > **

> > > Most, if not all, of whom admit they don't actually
> > > follow the exchanges.  You'll forgive me, I hope, if
> > > I don't accept their (and your) perceptions as
> > > authoritative.  In fact, I suspect it's those opinions
> > > that are reflexive.
> > >
> > > It also seems exceedingly odd to me that with
> > > very few exceptions, when these people complain,
> > > they don't complain about those who are dishonest
> > > and unfair, they complain about me, or at best
> > > draw a moral equivalence between me and the
> > > dishonest folks.
> >
> > **
> > RESPONSE:
> >
> > No, most people don't admit that they don't follow the
exchanges.