I've worked at a couple of small colleges over the years and have experienced
mutiple suicides within a period of months on both campuses.  Furthermore I've
yet to see an organization I've been involved with (I assure you these are all
fine upstanding not-for-profit humanitarian & spiritual types) that, when push
came to shove, really cared about anybody.  For example, I'm proud to call
myself Unitarian Universalist.  A friend once told me that in his sisters' UU
fellowship near Chicago the minister came down with brain cancer.  How did "his
people" react?  They fired him.  Life sucks, then you die.  It's not just the
movement.  But of course you would think, being so enlightened and all . . .

dhamiltony2k5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Community?

I understand that someone committed suicide on campus the other day,
shooting themselves in the head.

And now also in utopia Park on campus is someone else, a longterm
movement person who is passing away of some disease process. No
money, no family, no primary care-giver, not able to hire anyone to
nurse him in the end.

A guy who has been on the Purusha program for years with the
movement, come here to FF to die.

Does the movement have no care program for its old?

Somehow I would bet that if there were old people in the Ammachi
movement or several other spiritual movements that there would be
sympathetic care given to their own in the last days. Is the TMorg
of Maharishi too consumed with fund-raising and building utopias to
care about its people?

-Doug in FF