> > > Doug's post to FFL containing the rumor is dated earlier
> > > than that blog entry:
> > >
> > > Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:42 am
> > >
> > > I'm more inclined to believe he reposted on his blog the
> > > rumor he read on FFL.
> >
> > I noticed this, too, just as I did my research
> > after reading the first mention of the rumor
> > here by searching the online version of the
> > Fairfield Ledger. I couldn't find anything there
> > or on Google or in any of the neighboring Iowa
> > papers, so I chalked it up as a rumor, and didn't
> > bother to comment on it here. Especially because
> > a few others had already done so, asking for
> > validation of the rumor.
> >
> > Compare and contrast to (what appears to be) John
> > Knapp reading the rumor here, wanting to believe
> > it were true and thus *not* doing his research,
> > and printing it on his blog as truth.
> >
> > Also compare and contrast to one person here,
>
> Barry, why do you occasionally become afraid
> of mentioning my name?
>
> > reading John Knapp's blog and finding his version
> > of the rumor, wanting to believe it was the source
> > and thus *not* doing her research by checking the
> > timestamps, and starting her own rumor that John
> > was the original source of the first rumor.
>
> Timestamps, of course, may or may not tell the
> whole story about who started a rumor when.
> There *are* other means of communication than
> via public postings to the Web.

So you're still claiming that John started the
rumor, the same one that was posted earlier
here? Is this another "time travel" theory
on your part, or do you have specifics in
mind, rather than just inuendo.  :-)

> Starting rumors is one of John Knapp's
> specialties, as Barry must remember from Knapp's
> earlier glory days.  He can be quite clever
> about it too: he's entirely capable of making
> "inquiries" to certain Fairfield residents he
> knows post here in the hope that they'll say
> something about it, then once they've done so,
> repeating the rumor on his blog as if it
> hadn't come from him in the first place.
>
> Whether that's what happened in this case is
> still murky, but then I made it clear I was
> speculating about Knapp having started it.

Note the above later, when I specify what
Judy's agenda is.

> > It seems to me that in both of those cases what
> > is going on is a person who 1) has an agenda,
> > and 2) is willing to forward or start rumors
> > that *further* that agenda, without bothering
> > to verify their validity.
>
> Actually I also checked the Fairfield papers
> before I posted.

I notice that you didn't choose to deal with
either point 1 or 2. Point 2 is now pretty much
a given in your case, since you chose to start
a rumor about John Knapp without verifying its
validity, something that would have taken less
than ten seconds. But as to point 1, *your*
agenda, I would suggest that it is to demonize
and discredit any critic of TM and Maharishi.

You did so above.

Having been caught doing it, you respond by
doing it again.

> > Fanatics "against," fanatics "for." Same modus
> > operandi.
>
> You certainly could say I have an agenda where
> John Knapp is concerned: to let those who have
> never had any experience with him know (as
> Barry does as well) that they shouldn't take
> anything he says at face value.

Funny, but that's your agenda with Vaj, and
with me, with Paul Mason, and with numerous
other people you've encountered on FFL, and
previously, on a.m.t.

Hmmmm. What do they all have in common? They've
all criticized TM and/or Maharishi.

Unc

P.S. The last paragraph is a setup for you to
rush in and say, "They're all LIARS or <insert
derogatory statement here>...I've 'proved' it
numerous times," thus 'proving'my point about
*your* agenda.

You don't like what these people say, and so
you attempt to influence others to disregard
what they say. That *is* your modus operandi;
you're a one-trick pony.

You may have convinced yourself that your
agenda is against "liars" and "intellectually
dishonest" people, Judy, but I don't think
you've fooled many others.