Even with 10000 in Fairfield since 1971 (36 years), there have been
the SAME train station and same airports.  These are the main
requirments to make Kansas more accessible.  Yes, perhaps driver
costs will go down from $200 to $180, but there will NOT be a new
train station, nor will there be a new airport near Smith Center.

Flight costs would remain $100 more than an equivalent flight from
Fairfield each leg.  Except during the holidays, when students go
home, you don't see many Sidhas at the Cedar Rapids or Moline
airports.  We don't cause sufficient, regular demand, to justify
additional flights.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> >

> > --- sparaig <sparaig@> wrote:
> >

> > > And, as I said, if a population center of 10,000
> > > springs up in that area, there WILL be
> > > transportation devised to service their needs.
> >
> > The key word is "if." Let's be very simple and honest
> > here. Does anyone truly believe that a successful
> > school is going to be created in the middle of nowhere
> > just because MMY wants to place it there? This is just
> > another whacky plan by MMY that will fade into the
> > dust in a few months or years. Does anybody truly take
> > it seriously? I mean, really!
>
> Stranger things HAVE happned. I don't expect this to be one of
them, but the analysis of
> the transportation costs assumed that it would NEVER change,
regardless of what
> happened (or didn't) at the school site. I was pointing out that
THAT assumption was
> certainly wrong: if, by some miracle, the Kansas center gets built
AND populated,