On Feb 3, 2007, at 1:09 AM, geezerfreak wrote:

--- In [email protected], new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For example, MMY's st andard practice is to take no praise for
himself but
directs all praise to the "Infinely Bestowed". The practical effect is no loss of merit to himself/TMO, yet same blessings (or more) bestowed
upon the praiser.

Jai Guru Dev

Really? MMY takes no praise for himself? I haven't noticed that. I see
him inserting his (self given)name in front of virtually every
enterprise the TMO is involved with. It isn't Guru Dev Amrit Kalash is it?

Certainly not on the commercial side of things, but on the spiritual side of this, he constantly defers to GD. I always thought a comment I heard years ago, when they had just unveiled the lineage painting portrayed the truth of the matter. Someone on Purusha asked 'why are you not in the picture' and M. responded 'oh I could never be part of the lineage picture, the most I could be would be a doorkeeper'. In other words he could never be more than just an emissary for the tradition, leading people towards its. I found those remarks very honest. In fact often on listening to M. I got the impression I was listening to SBS, not M. A friend and I used to call it "channeling Guru Dev" because that's exactly what it sounded like. He would even look like SBS.

Reply via email to