> Forgive me for my cluelesness. I am not a computer person
> and trying my  best to reply to all of you. I will try to
>highlight this and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.
> The compliment about me was a needed response because I do
> want to communicate on the FFL without getting attacked. Lou.

The highlighting didn't seem to work in this reply.

In AOL, select Settings from the Mail menu. On the
popup, at the bottom, you should see two lines that
have to do with quoting text.

For the first line, 'Reply to messages with', you
have two options, 'Selected Text Only' and 'Original
Text'. The latter will automatically include the
entire text of the message you reply to in *every*
reply you make. The former will include text in
your replies only if you highlight it *first* in
the *original* email, *before* clicking the Reply
button.

The second line allows you to choose how you'd like
that quoted text to appear in your outgoing email.
'Blue Bar' looks pretty in AOL, but in my experience
is not universal, and is often not translated into
> marks by all receiving programs, including Yahoo
Groups. 'Indent' takes the whole block of text and
indents it one tab, which is neat unless the person
you're replying to used long line lengths, and then
it winds up making things look icky. 'None' means
include the text, but don't indent it or mark it
in any way (this makes it difficult sometimes to
tell what's your new text, and what you're replying to.

AOL is not the smartest cookie in the box. I keep it
around because some people know me only by my old
AOL address and don't seem to be able to update
their machines to my newer addresses. :-)

An alternative is to read FFL on its Web client at: