I'm glad you responded too Turq.  There is so much in this material.
I will have to think about the line between how we use tools for being
confident in our knowledge in philosophy and how we use them in our
personal belief systems.  At first I thought I just disagreed with you
about what we can be confident about in our knowledge from subjective
experience, but then I felt like you were making a different
distinction concerning how we form our own beliefs.  It is quite a
vigerous dance with a lots of stomped toes!

No one lives any pure ideal of though and even if they did, there are
so many systems let alone people's personal mix of ideas.  I'm just
glad these topics are getting discussed outside thoughtful forums like
this one.  Of course people on this type of forum has given these
topics a lot of thought, but Sam Harris and Andrew Sullivan are
broadening the discussion in society.  I think we really need it.