I trust the judgment of people such as Paul Schilpp and Sarvepalli
Radhadkrishnan – “Guru Dev” is about as good as it gets.  Of course, he was an
orthodox Hindu (which means he had plenty of gender bias).  But having said
that . . .

curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          I'm pretty sure it's the
chair and umbrella.

It worked for me for years! One of the oddest mind benders I got when
I was leaving the movement was seeing a picture of Haile Selassie on
a divan that was a dead ringer for Guru Dev's and on a similar throne
that was being used as a picture of worship by the pot smoking
Rastafarians. It was like a PhotoShop joke picture and it really had
an odd effect on me. I can't look at the Guru Dev picture without
laughing, it totally broke the spell.

> On Feb 18, 2007, at 1:48 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>
> > I also don't get the Guru Dev worship.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's the chair and umbrella.

 Get your own web address.