I guess what I'm looking for is a straightforward account of the sources of
where these practices come from.  If "the gods" in Vedic literature are
synonomous with "laws of nature," as Jon Shear (mid-1970's) and Bevan Morris
(8/88) indicated to me in conversation, then I feel a straighforward account is
in order, e.g what does it mean to "see" and/or "talk to" a "law of nature?"

Preeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          As an Indian I know about Yagya
performance. I try to explain.
Yagya is performance by a group of highly evolved spiritual people.
This is a vedic procedure based on the ancient vedic wisdom.
First A sankalpa is taken for a person. This is very much like oath
taking of a Judge or politician. The group of highly evolved people
take oath that they are performing yagya for a person by taking the
name of the person, his purpose for the yagya and other astrological
data to make the effects reach the person. The evolved group do
chanting of specific vedic sound, which creates powerful vibration
and it is life nourishing. It is comparable to the telecom
technology.
Hope it explains and you find it helpful.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick
> <jochadw1@> wrote:
> >
> > Lou, thank you for the heartfelt response. My formal
involvement
> in the movment ended before all of what you are talking about came
> into effect. I remember John during the time when he was still an
> undergrad. But I've always tried to be supportive/positive about
the
> TMO. All the organizations I've been involved with in my life
> (including some current ones) are disappointing. I'm glad I got
> involved with TM and the practice continues to benefit me greatly
> today. However I never could get Bevan Morris to answer my
questions
> about Yagyas. As I recall, in 1988 he said to me that the
movement
> wasn't really involved in them so the question of whether they
> are "religious" or not was in effect moot as far as the TMO was
> concerned.>>
>

> What is your specific question about yagyas?
>
> OffWorld

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.