From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of jim_flanegin
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:53 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Witness Chronology to the Sex

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "geezerfreak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
> <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > Looking over this list now, how late did it run?  Evidently from
the
> > 1960's into the 1980's?  Any more names to add to the timeline?
> >
> Yes. Joyce-Collin-Smith, who was MMY's personal secretary when he was
> based in London in the early and mid 60's wrote that MMY went from an
> essentially open door policy at the London center where he lived to
> "locking his door in the afternoons, closeted alone with one young
> woman or another. He had departed from the Holy Tradition of his
> Masters as worldly needs had gradually got a hold on him."

There's an interesting linkage that many people are making between
what Maharishi has or has not done, and what that might mean relative
to the knowledge that he has brought out. Did he have sex even though
he says he doesn't? Did he covet money even though he claims to be a
monk who owns nothing? Is he a power monger although he professes to
love everyone? And the 500 pound gorilla in the room is the possible
impact these ambiguities have on the knowledge he has taught and
spread. Otherwise, who cares?

The cool thing about all this as I see it is that each of those
sticking points- the sex, the money and the power- are all vague
enough in their evidence and any definitive answers as to allow near
endless debate on each topic, leaving the ultimate decision regarding
the validity of the knowledge Maharishi has brought out to the world
up to each of us.

There is no foundation on which to base a decision save the enjoyment
or not each of us feels relative to the knowledge Maharishi has
brought out. By pondering the events in his life, it brings us closer
to examining the knowledge he has brought out. If he had been perfect,
without any taint of conflict in his life, perhaps those near him
would not have dived so deeply into the knowledge he brought out. Who
knows?

Maharishi has not only taught the technique of Transcendental
Meditation, he IS Transcendental Meditation, literally. Talk about
walking the talk. Pretty trippy stuff.