MDixon wrote:
> FFL has been awfully quiet in regards to Don Imus
> and the nappy headed  Ho's. I just saw where MSNBC
> has dropped his show. Any  comments?

Well, I've never listened to Don Imus, but the thought
occurs to me: why hasn't Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton
complained about all those rap songs that are played on
the radio? From what I've heard, some of the language
on them is outrageous.

But, the only rap music I've really heard is what I hear
blasting out of a car on my short walk to work. But even
that short exposure I heard all kinds of words that were
much worse than what Don Imus said.

I've never listened much to Howard Stern either, but when
he got heat he just went over to satelite radio and kept
on talking.

Apparently Imus brought in 10 million dallars a week
for MSNBC, so he'll probably go over to satelite as well,
where he belongs.

How do they get away with playing those rap songs on
the radio? Or, maybe it was a CD that I heard playing.
If so, how do they get recorded, and what does Jesse
and Al have to say about that? Come to think of it,
I don't listen to Jesse or Al in church either, so I
probably missed their comments on that too.

But, as long as I'm making comments - how could anyone
sit through three hours of Grindhouse? I mean, I almost
got a headache watching Lord of the Rings. Go figure.

Well, I guess I'm really getting old - but I liked
Finding Nemo. Bought the Cars DVD and I've watched it
three times. Go figure.

I've got an awesome stereo system (vintage Yamaha
separates with chips, not, ICs) with a great turntable
and a Stanton moving coil cartridge, four rebuilt Ohm
Acoustic speakers stacked. My Yamaha Amp puts out 150
watts of natural sound per channel and since I live in
a farm house, I can really crank it.

Most of the time I play vinyl hits like Stevie Ray
Vaughn and Double Trouble and sometimes I put on Jimi
or Peter Gabriel. Sometimes Fleetwood Mac or an old
Ledd side. Yesterday I played a Crystal Gale tape.

No time for Imus in the morning - no time for Howard
in the evening. I guess I'm a square. That's about
all I have to say about shock jocks today.