authfriend,

Thanks for the advice, and yes, of course it's all projection on my
part.  And, just so you know, I truly feel that you're not excoriating
me....though, sigh, I might just deserve that too.

I knew two posts ago I was "pushing it" on this BigMedia-control
issue, but I've had my say, and, no one here is up in arms about it,
so I guess that's a vote of sorts.  So, this'll be my last post about
the issue, but I expect to bring up this "type" of issue again for
other events.  Even the shuttle crash has its "hinky moments" --
specifically: the time they kept reporters away from a certain piece
of the debris -- couldn't photo it.  Why?  My best bet is that that
was the part that had the radioactive material in it, and NASA didn't
want anyone to know that they'd put 80 pounds of Plutonium in low
earth orbit.  One speck of Plutionium in your lungs and you're pretty
much sure to die of cancer in a year.  Imagine the dust particles from
that 80 pounds sprinkled like Lowery's Seasoning salts across the
south west. Thankfully, looks like the containment system held tight.
  Typically there's a ton of public protesting to sending that kind of
potent poison into space, but, me, yep, I'm figuring they just never
bothered to mention that it was on that shuttle....tried to slip one
past us.  Paranoid?  Yep.

It's not this issue per se, it's that I see this kind of manipulation
in the media across many issues.  True, the Rorschach aspect of it is
palpable, and yeah, I sure am guilty of doing the same kind of PR
control when it comes to my own reputation, but the truth is that the
military has EVERYTHING invested in being perceived as white knights
instead of, you know, professional assassins.  I may tweak my
environment to keep the masks I wear from falling off, and it will be
totally self serving, but I don't think I'm doing my PR so that
thousands of kids in a culture will grow up thinking that it's
glorious to slaughter third world folks and to sign up for BigCorp's
"private" army.

So stay tuned, sooner or later, I'm counting on you to either join my
paranoia or to continue to call me on it until I can settle down and
get it that my fears are driving my conclusions into ridiculousness.

Sigh....

Thanks,

Edg