--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > "A grand total of 16,000 Vedic pandits will perform this service for
> > the world, Dr Morris said."
> >
> > Witnesses at the event report that although Dr. Morris was able to get
> > through this line with a straight face, when he turned away from the
> > podium, a jet of lassie shot out of his nose forcefully enough to
> > knock Burger King crown off of Raja Ram's head.
> >

> I kind of like the idea suggested here. Rather have it happening than
> not. Even if there is no effect, its kind of a beautiful pagent. But,
> having been to, in comparision, small yagyas, I know there is an
> effect.

I don't share your belief in the effect of yagyas beyond the buzz you
get listening to chanting.  Yagyas are supposed to have specific
physical effects, so they actually could be tested in a manor
consistent with reasonable thinking.  So far that is lacking.  I am
not challenging your personal beliefs.  I'm sure you have your reasons
for them just as I do for mine.

"Probably the TMO hype oversells benefits."

What the movement does is take money from people for religious
rituals.  I have seen two personal friends drain their bank accounts
trying to solve health issues with yagyas which did not work.  Well
actually it did work in the sense that MMY cashed in on someone's
desperate hope. I am not in favor of this. If the movement was sincere
about this they would test it.  They did no follow up to see if the
yagya worked.  I find this contemptible.  They don't care what happens
as long as the check clears.

 What PR effort
> anywhere doesn't for their pet projects? I say to 16,000 pundits at
> the "center of the world", "cool!.

So you believe that this project, out of all the smoke they have blown
in the past, is going to happen?  I do not share this belief either.

 Best of luck." Why knock things
> that are basically a good thing? Do what you think is good, and let
> others do what they think is good. Why ridicule it.

Because I am following my own bliss.  I do not share the belief that
taking money for yagyas is a good thing.  I do not believe that this
project will be sincerely followed up on, even if it was a good thing.
 This is consistent with a pattern of MMY selling happy ideas that the
world can be improved with magic that he is selling.  In a world with
real problems that need real solutions, magical thinking does not help
IMO.

There are about 3 people left in the movement. None of what I a say
makes any difference.  But it makes me feel sane to speak up against
what I see as deluded thinking.  My joke was pointing out that I can't
believe at this point that Bevan believed the claim as he made it.

I think most people on this group are far beyond falling for this stunt.