> On Apr 23, 2007, at 8:48 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 4/23/2007 8:43:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >

> > FW: <
> > The roof of the Men's Golden Dome is leaking and needs to be fixed
> > right away, and we need your help to do it. Whether you enjoy
>group
> > program in the Men's Dome every day or as a visitor from out of
>town,
> > we invite you to make a meaningful contribution.
> >
> > …
> >
> > The Dome is at the heart and soul of our community, so please
>send your
> > donation or pledge now so we can make the deposit required to
>make a
> > repair appointment later this summer.
> >

> > > Lou writing: <snip>  ...They should
> > sell their crowns and fix the roof on the men's golden dome. Or
>maybe
> > MMY should cancel his projects to rebuild the buildings of the
>world
> > and try to stop his own roof from leaking in Iowa. Lsoma.
>

>Sal writing:
> No wonder they've banned you from the Domes, Lou--all that common
>sense
> is downright subversive.  Use their *own* $$ to pay for badly-
>needed
> repairs??  What heresy.
>
> Sal

FW:

"...Because Dome attendance is free, there is no operating budget for
repairs.  Also, it turns out there isn't money in the regular
University operating budget for major repairs either.  And the very
generous scholarship donation, funding the Invincibility America
Assembly is not available for repairs."

"...Sadly, the aging roof doesn't look good, and worse it's leaking
now.  We really need to fix it now to preserve the building.
Ultimately we want to see the full Men's Dome renovation completed,
but the first and immediate priority is to repair the roof, at a cost
of $165,000."   >