Quoting a passage from this Christian book:

  "Scriptural statements, stories, commands or symbols which have a particular
meaning or set of meanings when taken within the intellectual and broadly
cultural framework of the Bible itself are lifted out of that context, placed
within the frame of reference of another system and thus given a meaning that
markedly differs from their intended meaning. Example: The Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi interprets "Be still, and know that I am God" as meaning that each person
should meditate and come to the realization that he is essentially Godhood
itself."(end of quote from book).

  I am wondering how this makes sense?
  From the Christian fundementalist point of view.
  I am wondering why "Be still and know that I am God",
  And that  "The Kingdom of Heaven is within",
  Contradicts anything Maharishi is teaching?

  I wish someone could explain this counter-intuitive thinking to me...
  It must be the notion of duality Vs. Unity?...
  r.g.

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.