--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <claudiouk@>
> wrote:
> >
> > http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070515/tpl-us-health-government-
> politics-
> > 10170b4.html
> >
> > More surprising UK ranking good, yet here we think we're in
> > crisis. We think France, for instance, is better looked after..
>
> I don't believe this report. In the States you pay a little bit of
> money each week and you get a much faster, and better service.

If you can get health insurance at all,
that is. And the service isn't necessarily
either faster or better.

What specifically do you not believe about
the report?

Just FYI, right before I went on Medicare
in February of this year, my group health
insurance premiums--single, no dependents--
had been raised to $14,612 a year. That's
$281 a week, hardly a "little bit" of money.

Of course, since I work freelance, I had
to pay for all of it, no employer
contribution, so it was higher than for most
employees. But most freelancers have a
terrible time getting *any* health insurance,
and those who do pay a very substantial
percentage of their income for it.