On May 15, 2007, at 9:51 AM, claudiouk wrote:

"Is Consciousness the Unified Field?" - if consciousness is truly
most fundamental, there IS a need to relate it to the most
fundamental laws of physics, because presently it is being ignored
altogether.

One wonders if you have read this type of literature, because I've read numerous other hypotheses in this regard, so it's far from being ignored.

As for the limits and incomprehensibility of Hagelin's
metaphors or equivalences, surely the same could be said of the
Vedas - in spite of countless commentaries it remains a rather
obscure philosophy/manual of consciousness.

Have you read the Vedas? Is that what they really are, manuals of consciousness? You must've read a different Veda than I did then.

In the end nothing
but "realization" itself will do..

But I think you are both being too harsh on Hagelin.. He is making
valiant efforts to interpret those equations in novel ways, as
windows to the properties of the unified field.

No, he was read the riot act by his guru: either come up with a unified field/quantum answer for consciousness/TM/TMSP to support what I say or you're out of here.

He stayed.

Like us looking at
the behaviour of someone and figuring out underlying propensities?
The discussion on the equations reflecting the non-duality of unity I
thought ADDED to my understanding of nonduality I had come across
previously from similar statements made by individuals or in
scriptures.

Of course, if you even find the idea of consciousness as a unified field tenable.