--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Given my formative, if not formal, religioous education and
> inspiration was provided by Cecille B. DeMille in "the Ten
> Commandments", I tend to like my miracles to be bigger and grander
> than blood oozing from a picture, milk seeping, or sucking up, from
> ganesh statue, turning water into pudding, or creating holy ash.
>
> Parting of the Red Sea -- now THAT was a miracle to behold. Turning
> the Nile red with blod wasn't bad either. The staff to snakes one
was
> ok. The latter two had symbolic significance, but I like my miracles
> to have a practical value -- like the parting of the Red Seas --
> saving the fleeing hebrews. I was sad the egyptian warriors got
killed
> when the sea closed up -- I guess they were not God's chosen
people.

> Which raises the prospect of a real miracle: God deciding that all
of
> humanity are his chosen and beloved -- and clearly communicating
this
> to all his priests, rabbis, imans, pastors, preachers, shamans, etc
> that preach in HIS/HER name.
>
> But back to visible miracles. As I said, I like the practical kind.
> don't see oozing blood helping anyone other than
increasing "faith" --

Faith is a very good thing indeed.

> which could mean increasing magical thinking. I would be far more
> impressed by master Jesus if he stood on the beach when the Tsunami
> was roaring in and said: "In the name of God my father, and through
> his power, I command you killer wave to stop in your tracks and
leave
> the millions you are about to kill, and 100's of millions you will
> leave homeless, to leave all of these my beloved chilren, leave them
> in  peace."

Nice thought, but it would certainly infringe on the principle of
karma. Some people just had to go that day.

The Masters did however make the rather irritated snakes that
stranded on some rafts in the sea after the tsumani together with
humans more friendly. One child stayed peacefully on one of those
rafts together with a huge snake for several days. Also the snakes in
the trees did not bite the people with whom they shared temporary
refuge.

"Some will go, some will stay." Maharishi, Washington, 1982

"If they have to go, why not go together ?" -Maharishi, on air-
disasters

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > Miracles in India
> > Two portraits of Jesus on a remote Indian island began bleeding
in
> > March 2007. Eric Nathaniel, a police radio operator in Port Blair
on
> > the Andaman Islands noticed blood trickling down a portrait of
Jesus
> > in his house on 8 March 2007. "We lit candles and prayed all
night
> > and a little later the blood dried but it soon started trickling
down
> > from the hands and heart of another portrait in the house,"
Nathaniel
> > said. Thousands of people have since visited Nathaniel's house to
see
> > the portraits.
> > In another report from India, blood oozed from the eyes of a
statue
> > of Jesus in the yard of a Catholic church on 12 February 2007.
The
> > statue at St Joseph the Worker Church in Ghoreghat, Madhya
Pradesh,
> > was first seen weeping by Chandrawati Armo, who, after cleaning
the
> > statue, noticed it shedding blood from both eyes.
> > Armo told the church's assistant priest, Father Pappachan. "I
raced
> > to the statue and found blood oozing out of its eyes," he said.
> > Pappachan smelled and tasted the red substance and was "convinced
it
> > is a miracle." The bleeding statue was also witnessed by nuns and
> > villager. The flow of blood stopped, and the blood on the statue
> > clotted. Clots are also visible on the statue's hands, according
> > Father Florentius Kujur, the parish priest. Many people have
visited
> > the church to view the statue. (Source: Union of Catholic Asian
News;