I think it is the result of ideas becoming graphical entertainment for
instant consumption.  It is just the next step from all the crosses we
saw as fashion accessories a few years ago.  With religion as such a
hot topic that can't be discussed in terms of the values of its ideas
in educational systems, we end up with tons of people who claim to
believe in God who couldn't define what they believe in in any
theological detail.  But it is not up for discussion because it is a
"special" thought.

As opposed as I am to most religious concepts, I believe that more
religious education, not less is the answer.  If our education system
gave people more chance to think about these concepts in detail, we
might have more people challenging the premises of all the assumptive
beliefs that get flung around emotionally.  Plus we could get at some
of the really interesting stuff in scripture, insights into human
nature, once it is taken outside the temple of being "God's word".

For the chick you saw, I am going to postulate that the depth of her
understanding of the symbol on her jacket was inversely proportional
to her level of hotness.  That is a basic tenant from the bible of
hotness that is my religion.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"