> Now that you've seen the 2nd part of the finale you saw that
> Jack attended a funeral where no one else showed up. That
> was what was in the clipping he tore off. The obits were
> on the left column. I froze that frame and though I couldn't
> make out the name the number of letters were enough to be
> "John Locke."  Which makes sense.  We'll have to see.
> Of course "misdirects" are very much the art of screenwriting.

Indeed. Thanks for that piece of information.
Now that I've seen it all, I "get" what
Curtis was talking about. One *could* see it
that way. I don't, not yet. I still think that
Ben and Locke are the craziest and most dangerous
mofos on the island, and I don't necessarily see
that the writers were saying, "Trust them, because
they have visions. Have faith in people like this."
As far as I can tell, this prime-time soap opera
could still go pretty much anywhere. A lot like
the future itself.  :-)

I do like the quantum-mechanical, let's-see-if-
we-can-find-another-path-through-the-alternate-
pasts-and-thus-generate-an-alternate-future
thang, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how
they resolve all this, especially after hearing
from you how they write the series, as an
ongoing work in progress, with no fixed future.

> Maybe next season will take place mainland and with some
> "flashbacks" to the island. It was probably getting
> expensive to shoot in Hawaii...

The "Lost" pilot was the most expensive TV pilot
ever filmed.

> ...and it may have made it difficult for the cast
> members to take other projects.

True.

> I hear episode numbers have been cut to 18, I think.
> Sometimes I'm surprised the networks don't just do 6
> or 8 since that is often what the BBC does with success.

I kinda like the results of having more episodes
to play with character development.

Later...