shempmcgurk wrote:
> When reading the following passage from Swami Muktananda's "Satsang
> with Baba, Volume III" (August 18, 1972, page 122), I thought that it
> was another explanation of the mechanics of stress release; that is,
> that the thoughts we have during meditation are indications of stress
> being released on the physical level:
>
> "According to the seers of the yogic scriptures, countless impressions
> of past lives are embedded in the central nadi, sushumna.  After
> Kundalini becomes awake, these impressions start rising to the
> surface.  You should be aware that they are coming to the surface to be
> ejected from the system.  If you are aware of this truth, you will find
> it entirely pointless to be concerned or overwhelmed by the feelings
> that come to the conscious surface."
A lot of TM'ers including teachers read those books back in the late
70's commenting that Muktananda commented on things that MMY wouldn't.
These were questions particularly of interest to householders.  Most
tantric teaching is much simpler than MMY's attempt to secularize a lot
of Indian philosophy and yoga.  However I would say that boiling it down
to the rose and the sap is pretty simple.