---So, you're saying that this Rinpoche Dildo of yours recommends
just being "open" and no practices at all?  Interesting viewpoint!.
I'll stick with TM, thanks.
  As to the other Gurus, I've tasted their offerings and crossed them
off my list, including Muktananda.  Norbu Rinpoche only has
the "Dance of the Vajra".

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 29, 2007, at 1:35 PM, Stu wrote:
>
> > Bhairitu said
> > In fact in other systems it's no great crime if
> > you miss some meditations.
> >
> > Yes.  I wonder if I would not be better served by going to a
> > different practice.  If for no other reason than after 30 years
of
> > this maybe its time to explore some other areas of the brain.  I
> > have really enjoyed reading Sally Kempton's "Heart of
Meditation"
> > where she suggests "playing" with meditation, trying different
> > approaches.  Not taking the darn thing so seriously.  Her Guru,
> > Swami Muktananda wrote a book on the importance of this
playfulness.

> I agree. It's important to have familiarity with different styles
of
> meditation experientially--and if you can keep that at the level
of
> "play" you're already well on the way to success. Ideally there
> should be no special division between practicing and not
practicing
> meditation. As the meditation master Dilgo Khyentse said:
>
> "The everyday practice of the Great Perfection is simply to develop
> complete carefree acceptance, an openness to all situations
without
> limit.
>
> We should realize openness as the playground of our emotions and
> relate to people without artificiality, manipulation or strategy.
>
> We should experience everything totally, never withdrawing into
> ourselves as a marmot hides in its hole. This practice releases
> tremendous energy which is usually constricted by the process of
> maintaining fixed reference points. Referentiality is the process
by
> which we retreat from the direct experience of everyday life.
>
> Being present in the moment may initially trigger fear. But by
> welcoming the sensation of fear with complete openness, we cut
> through the barriers created by habitual emotional patterns.
>
> When we engage in the practice of discovering space, we should
> develop the feeling of opening ourselves out completely to the
entire
> universe. We should open ourselves with absolute simplicity and
> nakedness of mind. This is the powerful and ordinary practice of
> dropping the mask of self-protection.
>
> We shouldn't make a division in our meditation between perception
and
> field of perception. We shouldn't become like a cat watching a
mouse.
> We should realize that the purpose of meditation is not to
go "deeply
> into ourselves" or withdraw from the world. Practice should be
free
> and non-conceptual, unconstrained by introspection and
concentration.

> Vast unoriginated self-luminous wisdom space is the ground of
being -
> the beginning and the end of confusion. The presence of awareness
in
> the primordeal state has no bias toward enlightenment or non-
> enlightenment. This ground of being which is known as pure or
> original mind is the source from which all phenomena arise. It is
> known as the great mother, as the womb of potentiality in which
all
> things arise and dissolve in natural self-perfectedness and
absolute
> spontaneity."
>

> > > I wonder if this incessant need to eat, sleep
> > > and brush my teeth is healthy?
> >
> > Eating sleeping and brushing are not a great metaphor for
> > meditation.  Eating and sleeping are physiological necessities.
We