From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of TurquoiseB
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 3:50 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Stories

What if we lived in a universe in which ALL of the stories
we tell to ourselves and to others are "true," and just
*seem* to be contradictory? What if the universe supported
ALL of these seeming contradictions, without missing a
step, and found a way to reconcile ALL of them?

It seems to me that we DO live in such a universe. If
it can reconcile all these seemingly contradictory
stories, why can't we?

We can, by being more universal, which is what we’re trying to do, if we
aspire to enlightenment. Learning to recognize one’s cherished stories as
relative perspectives that are not necessarily more true than their
opposites is a powerful technique for enlightenment. Book recommendation¨”A
Thousand Names for Joy” by Byron Katie