In a message dated 5/31/2007 10:34:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com)
,  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The information is enlightening. It speaks  volumes in regards to
> saying yes to every experience in life.
>  However, it is tough to live up to this in a capitalistic society
>  where you are expected to pay your rent or mortgage on time. If
> your  ideas don't sell then how can you pay your bills. When I
> worked for  Deepak Chorpra I saw his own struggle with this. He
> is one of the  best at selling ideas to the public that make book
> sales improve in  order to keep his contract with his publishers
> and a working  relationship with his agent. We have built a
> financial world around  us which doesn't allow for spiritual
> development because we depend so  much on others buying our
> ideas.

I might suggest that this  isn't precisely true, Lou.
Those who *sell* their ideas and depend on the  money
they receive for those ideas to pay their bills may
be concerned  about whether those ideas sell.

But what about the situation I  mentioned in my little
essay itself? When I taught meditation Rama-style,  I
did it FOR FUN, paying for all of the expenses myself.
I supported  myself at another career SO THAT I could
have fun that way.

It seems  to me that it's only the model of *selling*
one's spiritual ideas that is  dependent on the
"publish or perish" mentality.
> You are correct. You  can be spiritual, spontaneous, creative without the
need to sell and still  make money. But why have we created a situation where
we need to think about  earning money at all is my point. More often then not
their is so much of the  little ego involved with our economic system to
control and manipulate others  through our *ideas*. People in this world want
to own
others and will do  anything to sell their ideas in order to have that power.
You are very  rare. Most people want money to buy them power. Many of our
spiritual  leaders who sell ideas are fallen souls who have settled for power
at
the cost  of creating heaven on earth. Yes, one of them is MMY. The greatest
seller of  meditation in the world and the most frustrated master as he has
tried to work  with the system only to be controlled by  the judgments and
ideas
of  others who will not except his world plan. He will be much happier going
back  to the fifth dimension soon. Jai Guru Deva. Lsoma. PS. I believe you said
that  you didn't charge for meditation in your essay. How can you pay your
bills by  not charging? Even those who don't charge take donations.