Richard J. Williams wrote:
>>> ...Microsoft Vista was designed from the bottom
>>> up for PlaysForSure and the WMA format;
>>>

> Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> You drink the kool-aid and I listen to people who
>> actually worked on Vista.
>>

> If you listened to people who actually worked on Vista
> you probably wouldn't have rushed off to Best Buy to
> purchase Windows Vista Home Edition to install on your
> old laptop with 512MB of RAM. And for what purpose?
>
> You could probably back up your entire hard drive on
> a single floppy diskette.
No, if you were paying attention you would have learned that to make
sure some software I've developed works on Vista I purchased a Vista
notebook.  Not what I wanted to do but it was necessary to verify the
software ran.  I also needed an extra notebook for another project.
Except for the low memory which is easily fixed by adding another 512 mb
for $40 the notebook was a good bargain.  Unlike many users I don't use
a notebook as my everyday machine, just mainly for traveling so I don't
even need a "power" notebook.