> Another thought here: How can you possibly "not
> care" that there are several people on this forum
> who *routinely and deliberately* tell falsehoods?

Great question! Speaking for myself alone, it's because I know them,
and I know how much weight to give their postings. If they touch my
heart, I thank them, inwardly or outwardly. If they don't, I ignore
them. They are who they are. Arguing with them, as I used to do from
time to time when I first came to FFL, felt like Brer Rabbit's
kicking the tar-baby. The tar baby didn't get any cleaner, and I came
away needing a good scrub.

To change analogies, on closer look I found that I was trying to comb
the mirror to fix my own unruly hair. The part of me that was
irritated by them was often the very part I saw in them -- my inner
fundamentalist, the one who was so certain he was right, the one who
never saw the need to change, the one who had so little integrity he
was projecting all his sins out onto others and damning them.

Over the years I've come to see that almost always this little self-
righteous guy is generally *not* absolutely right -- in fact, he's
almost always wrong, he didn't see the bigger picture. In my case,
the bigger picture has turned out to be my feeling-level. On the
feeling level, he's in pain; I am not as attracted to identify with
the self-righteousness of the fundamentalist crusader as I once was.
Nor do I hate him, as I once did -- the hate and the unconscious
identification being two sides of the same coin.

I've found this is the only way I can really reach the little guy --
through detachment. By neither hating nor identifying with him, I am
free to love him, as he is. And that's more important to me than his
being right or wrong.

This is not to say that any of this is what You should or should not
be doing, of course. Who am I to judge You? As far as I can see, I
think what you're doing and who you are, is great. I am just trying
to clarify why I "don't care" about their falsehoods. It's because I
found that just behind caring who was right and who was wrong, was
caring for the being who cared so much, and that being was in a lot
of pain. Identifying with that being exclusively, had become
intensely painful. Whether I was right or they were -- neither way
worked for me. Either way, I lost! Or to put it another way,
my "belly" won -- but my "heart" lost.

For me, since then, it is generally a great relief to realize "it's
not me; it's not them; it's a pattern between Us."

<snip>

> I truly don't understand that kind of thinking.
> Resistance to dishonesty should be a *reflex*, an
> instinct. It *should* be an addiction.

If you're enjoying this stance, I think it's great -- more power to
you.

For me, resistance = projection/identification = pain, and I
generally prefer detachment/love, in this moment.

*L*L*L*