--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > It's not necessarily a good thing to confuse future-self and
present-
> > self.
>
> See, this was part of the Awakening for me -- That Awakening to
> viscerally realize That is the container of time and space, of the
> illusion of evolution itself. Where it counts, time and space
don't. As
> the I I had been identifying with grew ever closer to surrendering
> the ever-present That, it became progressively more infuriated. It
> became more and more clear that That is realizable only on That's
> terms, not on the terms of the co-dependent arising llusion's.

yeah, I found my stories were growing encyclopedic in length and
depth before they all fell apart. No one else was buying into them
either. It was also really hard to do meditation since everytime I
emerged from it, I was that much closer to the awakening reality I
kept trying to deny. Oh well, so much for death, eh?:-)

> Obviously utter emptifulfillment lies in That, and only in That,
and in
> the surrender of the illusion into That, but to enter That, I
cannot be
> particularly special in That. I cannot be particularly unique in
That.
> I cannot be particularly esoteric in That. I cannot
have "achieved"
> anything at all in That. I can only be utterly ordinary in That,
so
> unspeakably ordinary as to be as ungraspable as That Thatself.
This
> emptifulfillment was rightly seen as a death-wound to (and by) the
> codependent arising illusion.
>
> In His paradoxical embodiment of the sublime and the ridiculous,
the
> divine and the demonic, the special and the ordinary, MMY dealt me
the
> coup-de-grace, but His sword was so sharp that I had time to walk
away,
> time to weep and rage at the exquisite agony, before my head fell
off.

> Not the Teaching I expected, not the Awakening I imagined, but
instead,
> the coup de grace -- the Cut of Grace. That's what severed the
outward-
> reaching ties of body, prana, mind, and Soul. The Cut of Grace,
the
> Graceful Cut. He had the Grace to put me out of my misery.
>
> :-)

Yes, completely unexpected and unimaginable at the time, and yet
obviously perfect after the fact, for as you say, the Reality (vs
the illusion) was/is in charge.

PS I had always imagined a steady, orderly pregression through the
seven states of consciousness as defined, ticking off each symptom
in turn, then...ta da! Liberation- the angels sing, the lights go up
and lo, I am enlightened!!

Instead it was more like wearing a blindfold from the backseat
inside a speeding car, rocked from side to side, occasionally
tilting my head back to peer down my nose at a slit of sight out the
window, glimpsing higher states, moving through dark tunnels and
around blind curves, until the car crashed or evaporated or became
me or something and I was left to blissfully exclaim, "Eureka!" :-)