> I did a process through the art of living (SSRS) that
> helps you unstress impressions from previous
> lifetimes. It was pretty interesting.

I have not done SSRS's eternity process although I have talked with
teachers who have done it. Although simple in procedure, apparently it
can be a pretty intense three-hour process.

The general idea of looking at our affinity with a particular person
from the past may show us something about our own psychological
composition. However it pales in comparison with past-life recall. But
if we also move past recall and move deeper into actually reliving a
past-lifetime then we may find ourselves unprepared for what we
experience. The good news is that there are methods to station awareness
outside of a particular past-life personality so the current-life person
can observe past-life events in a more dispassionate way. The bad news
is that most people don't know how to do this.

Back in the 80's, I trained in a past-life regression method with a
group of people lead by a reader-conductor team with years of experience
in this method. The past-life regression training occurred at the end of
four years of work with many other techniques for developing subtler
forms of perception. It was also done in the context of a larger group
ranging in size from 30-50 people. After completing the reader-conductor
training and doing reading for other people for a while, I suddenly
started wondering about the karma of the group, particularly the gang of
five people I had worked so closely with for six years. Since two of the
five were the original teachers, I went to them and suggested that we do
a reading on ourselves as a collective group. They suggested that rather
than depend upon someone else we use the tools we had trained in and
independently research for any past life connections using only our own
minds. So we did.

Later, we enhanced our past-life perceptual training skills by combining
them with various form of pranayama. This intensified the experience of
these past-life imprints to a degree that was unimaginable before
actually amplifying the technique. This may also have been a very
foolish mistake. By combining a deep level recollection technique with
pranayama, I personally found myself launched into a full
three-dimensional immersion in that past lifetime, at once enveloping
and unrelenting. The results were at first intriguing, then
exhilarating. However, as we dug deeper into the various past-life
details the other members found these past-life immersions to be quite
troubling. This past lifetime wasn't the kind of vision they liked
seeing, it was just too dark and overwhelming. Finally, I began pushing
everyone to plunge into the past and resolve the karma of that time.
Another big mistake! Yah, we went back to that lifetime. We plunged into
the imprint pool with intense pranayama and then went down the immersion
drain. And surprise …  we all went into horrific final experiences
of being violently killed and for some of us, tortured as part of it.
Since all of this was in full 3-D absorption it was more intense than
any movie and more terrible than any imagination.

The results were predictable of course. Most of the others freaked-out
and stopped meeting together. I ended up walking around like a ghost for
eight months. In a way it was funny. The others thought they were real
yogi types last lifetimes. Not so. For my part, the details showed me
that I had an Asura for a guru last lifetime. It also proved to me that
from an Asura you could only receive an Asura's result – total
destruction. - So much for past lives.

ps:        Things aren't always what they seem,

Even skim milk parades as cream.

Empty