<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It brings out a different spin on the lyrics. In Delta blues I have
> plenty of guys to model for playing into their 80's.  Here is one of
> my favorite models for how to enjoy the "golden" years, John Lee
> Hooker! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji0j_eWQ0uU
>
> Here is a guy who is still playing into his late 80's or early 90's,
> Honeyboy Edwards.  He traveled with Robert Johnson in the 30's and
> wrote a great book called about his life as a traveling bluesman
> called "The World Don't Owe Me Nuth'n".  That pretty much says it
> all! Nice interview at the end.  This is how I plan to do it at
> his age!

One of the most impressive performers I've ever seen
(and I got to see him a lot, because he lived in
Albuquerque when I lived in Santa Fe, and played
often in the area) was Bo Diddley. He was in his
mid-seveties then, and clearly the youngest person
in the room, and the one having the most fun. Here
is a video of him at age 60:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25upsgckM2Y

Some other performers still performing into their
older years, discovered today on YouTube; click
the icon in the lower right to view them in full
screen mode:

Bob Dylan, Forever Young:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSpAWVa4Jak

Bruce Cockburn, Soul Of A Man: