--- shempmcgurk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

snip

> I remember seeing a Canadian TV news report on Doug
> and Vedaland and
> the thing that struck me about the coverage was a
> clip of Doug
> sitting beneath a tree with some other TM
> investment/principal/sucker
> discussing the draft of the design of the letterhead
> to be used on
> Vedaland stationary and Doug saying: "Maharishi is
> going to love
> this!"
>
> To me, that said it all: no substance, all flash.
> Maharishi getting
> caught up in the minute details of something as
> insignificant and
> unimportant as how a letterhead or logo looks rather
> than the actual
> reality of the project itself.  More fun in making
> the MIU catalog or
> building the model for the world's tallest building
> or creating gold-
> painted broshures of world governments than actually
> following
> through on the reality of the project.
>
> And then, of course, Maharishi's ADHD would kick in,
> he'd totally
> abandon the project of the moment and move on to the
> next, great, big
> thing.

Very interesting point. It certainly does seem that
MMY is much more interested by the idea than the
actuality of the idea. I remember when Doug came to
MIU and we had a big assembly in the dome where he
presented the whole plan about vedaland. I was running
a camera for MIU video and was talking through the
intercom system with the other camera people and the
director. We all were making fun of the idea (we all
were long time TMer's) knowing that it never would be
actualized. Just a pipe dream.