--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > Too bad you missed the siddhis course. It is all about sutras,
> > which use minimal expressions to accomplish big results, like
> > my 14 words bringing about a response of 330 words (yow!)
> > from you.:-)
>
> Ohh! He never took the siddhis course!  Many thanks, Jim, I'm
> thinking that may clarify some things. My apologies, Barry; I
> suspect I have been overly hard on you. Did Vaj perchance miss
> them too?
>
> Suddenly a number of puzzling anomalies may be coming into much
> clearer focus. I think I've been sitting in the wrong class! :-)

Uh...the basis of Jim's putdown above has as much
truth in it as his declaration a while back that
Buddha said "God is love."  :-)

I'm pretty sure that all of us fell for the siddhis
swindle. I flew the first day, was bored by it by
the second day, and by the third day I'd realized
that I'd just spent 5000 dollars on a set of English-
language phrases that I could have gotten from a
$3.95 paperback edition of the Yoga Sutras (and that
probably came from that source).

But you can consider the TM siddhis "special," and
yourself "special" for having learned them if you
want. Think of it as just a form of "play," like
tripping on your name. And with as much value.  :-)

As for "sitting in the wrong class," I suspect that
the problem may be more related to where you think
you are positioned in that classroom. You seem to
be of the impression that you're sitting in front
of the class and that, like Maharishi, this means
that the "students" owe you something as a result.
Respect, belief in what you say, "obedience,"...
whatever. If you're expecting something, that's
your samskara, not anyone else's.

Just to clarify, I think that the point that Geez
and I have been making lately about you and Jim is
a simple one. Both of you, from my point of view,
are "cruising" this group for attention. You rarely
go very long without mentioning your supposed real-
ization and your supposed high state of consciousness.
*As with Maharishi*, I think that Geez and I are
suggesting that what you guys *say* about your sup-
posed states of consciousness is meaningless; it's
what you choose to *DO* with it.

And in both cases, especially lately, what you have
chosen to do with it is put down other people, point
out how much more "advanced" you are than they are,
and then put a smiley face at the end of your posts.

If that's your idea of what a spiritual teacher is
like and what one can learn from them, then you
should definitely sign up to study from Jim and Rory.
If you're lookin' for a little more, you might want
to keep lookin'.