<snip>
In other
> less recent posts, we've seen someone title a post
> "Mel Gibson, Christian Bigot," and then claim over
> and over and over and over that she wasn't criticizing
> him or the film that she'd never seen.

Were you monitoring yourself when you wrote this
to avoid the possible pitfalls of ego and
obsession, such as, for example, grossly
misrepresenting something someone has said in
order to demonize them?

I never said I wasn't criticizing Gibson. That's
just a flat-out lie, and you knew it was a lie
when you wrote it.

And when I said I wasn't criticizing the film,
I made it very clear I meant I was not criticizing
it *with regard to its artistry*. I was criticizing
its *content* on the basis of what *many* other
people, scholars of Maya history and culture who
had seen the film, said were factual
misrepresentations of that history and culture.

You knew that as well when you wrote the above.

If the brand of mindfulness that you're touting
doesn't keep you from telling blatant lies with
the intent of demonizing someone you consider
your enemy, exactly how do you imagine that if
TMers practiced it, they wouldn't suffer from
"ethical and intellectual blindness"?