> So here's a question for the group. One of the most
> fundamental assumptions within the TMO, and in many
> paths that see enlightenment as the end product of
> their spiritual sadhana, is that *in* the state of
> enlightenment one's perceptions are accurate, a true
> reflection of reality.

Gee, I've never heard this in the TM context,
Barry. Is this one of those special teachings
given only to teachers?

<snip>
> So let's open the question up to the group. This *is* a
> really interesting group, full of strong spiritual seekers
> who have spent the better part of their lives pursuing
> enlightenment. So whaddyathink? When you realize your
> own enlightenment (or now that you have), will your
> perceptions be (or are your perceptions now) 100% accurate,
> unclouded by any stress or samskaras or anything that
> could render them less than objective truth, or Cosmic
> Truth?

Haven't we discussed this umpty times already (here
and on alt.m.t)? I know I've given my understanding
of it many times. Very briefly: the enlightened
person perceives what Nature "wants" him or her to
perceive, for Nature's own inscrutable purposes
(anthropomorphically speaking; it's much more
abstract than that, but that's the gist of it).

In other words: If Nature has a "need" for an
enlightened person to perceive something
incorrectly, that's how he or she will perceive
it.