--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of Richard J. Williams
> Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:44 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: An Inspiring Visit to Baba Muktananda
>

> Rick Archer wrote:
> > It seems that no matter how clearly someone
> > relates an experience, you misunderstand it.
> > Michael just related the time Muktananda
> > visited MMY, and at one point in the evening,
> > sat next to MMY on has couch and hugged him.
> > Hundreds of people were there and it was
> > videotaped. I saw the tape myself. Re-read
> > what Michael wrote – several times – and
> > maybe it'll become clearer.
> >
> But according to Mr. Goodman, he never once,
> despite having spent years in the upper echelons
> of the TMO, and countless hours in the presence
> of the Marshy, never once saw anyone wrap the
> Marshy in a hug, sit down next to him, or snuggle
> up against the Marshy, but you and the others are
> convinced that the Marshy took to bed countless
> female students over a number of years for the
> purpose of sexual gratification.
>
> It's clear from Michael's account that Muktananda hugged him as a fellow
> yogi. It wasn't sexual.

Hi Rick,

This photo was printed in East-West magazine. You'll want to review
the March-April 1977 issue. Swami Kriyananda is on the cover of the mag.

I agree, the hug wasn't sexual but one of two friends in a friendly
embrace. Maharishi appears to be laughing and was very much in good
spirits on this occasion.

Peace,
Marc