--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of bob_brigante
> Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 2:01 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Am I understanding this correctly?
>

> Everything is the same infinite consciousness -- what could be
> private in any real sense?
>
> One of the key principles of TM initiation is (was) that the puja
creates an
> atmosphere in which the minds of initiator and initiate settle down
close to
> the transcendent so that the mantra can be imparted at that level.

Before I went to TTC, I was the "flower boy" each Saturday for about
6 months.  I spent hours outside of 3 initiation rooms we had at our
center.

I had some of my most profound experiences of TM outside those rooms
(and keep in mind I was NOT necessarily even meditating, just sitting
there!).  Indeed, those experiences were one of the main reasons I
decided to become a teacher.

That is why I have always been convinced that one simply cannot learn
TM properly WITHOUT the puja and the individual one-on-one teaching.
Indeed, I always understood that whenever MMY was asked about this
and why can't we just initiate millions at a time, MMY would always
reply: hey, I only WISH we could do it that easily because then we
would have millions of TMers overnight.  But the reality is that this
is the only way it can be done properly and, besides, it is tradition
that it be one-on-one.

> Hard to
> see how that could be accomplished by videoconference. In Nepal,
MMY was
> sitting with the crowd of initiates in a open air tent, and they
all had
> earphones.

Gee, how did that work out?

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.