Barry writes snipped:
So some days I might fill his lap with flowers, and
the next, Tootsie Rolls, or like today, let him wear
my nose glasses, or maybe a funny hat. I think enough
of the historical Buddha to believe that whatever makes
me smile would make him smile.

Tom T:
Cindy and I used to go regularly to a small temple in Rochester NY
which had a very nice 4 ft tall Saraswati Mukti. The priest would make
sure that she had a Santa Claus hat on for the Christmas Holidays.
Once in 1993 we went for the usual Friday night puja and she was
dressed in the official T shirt of the summer of 93 course in
Washington DC (courtesy of Bill Witherspoon). Very funny and he would
sometimes put a Groucho Marx mustache,funky glasses and the big nose
on for Halloween. Seemed to fit in perfectly. IF we can't laugh than
we are taking ourselves way to seriously. Tom