From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Duveyoung
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 7:14 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] RICK -- A FLAMER STRIKES (Re: Hey, Turq)

Rick -- Would you rather I just not send these notices to you?

It’s OK.

Below is exactly the kind of thing we're all grinding our teeth about.

Edg

Putting this in party context, here’s how it went down. Bronte, Turq and Off
World have all had a few too many:

·         Bronte calls Turq a “guru enthusiast”

·         Turq is rightly offended, but overreacts, calling Bronte and
others “idiots.”

·         Bronte tries to explain but Turq isn’t buying it.

·         Edg and Rick, who haven’t had as many, try to get Turq to lighten
up a bit.

·         So far, the party guests only sense a bit of tension over in one
corner, and haven’t begun fetching their coats.

·         Off World, being a Scotsman, has had quite a few and plunges into
the conversation with a few choice ones, saying Turq

o   only wants to talk to people who pet his ego which is in so much need of
saving.

o   was extremely rude to other people here,

o   engages in never ending slander that fills up FFL,

o   contributes mostly self-absorbed monotonous poorly written monologues.

o   Has a hatred for women, except for those who are far too young for the
old man.

·         Hmmm. It does seem that he’s attacking the man rather than dealing
with the points at hand.

·         Now the guests are sensing trouble, moving away from that corner
of the room, and eyeing escape routes. How will Turq respond? Will he ignore
the insults, his proclaimed response to such insults? Will travel fatigue
and bad margaritas get the better of him? Can we all just shift to more
interesting topics or must we see fisticuffs?

·         Stay tuned.

--- In HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In HYPERLINK
"mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
Bronte Baxter
> <brontebaxter8@> wrote:
> >
> > Come on, buddy. I wasn't trying to lecture you. I was trying to
> answer the well-thought-out arguments you made a few days ago in
> answer to my post. You objected that day to my phrase, "come on, guru
> fans, I'm ready for the snowballs," so today I changed it to "guru
> enthusiasts," and still seem to have offended you. I don't know if
> you follow a guru or not, but your post certainly extolled the
> benefits of being blasted by an enlightened being (most people who
> blast like that are gurus). Hence the friendly-meant phrase "guru
> fans." Take it easy on me, Turq. I was trying to have some fun
> tossing a ball back and forth. I enjoy your "Paris" emails. They're
> funny and have heart. Why do you have to be so prickly when you
> aren't soliliquizing? "Idiot" is off-limits. If you talk to me, I
> expect respect. If that's too hard, we can agree to ignore each
> other.>>
>
> I wouldn't bother conversing with Turq. This is nothing unusual for
> him. He only wants to talk to people who pet his ego which is in so
> much need of saving. When I first came here he was extremely rude to
> other people here, nothing has really changed since then. Apart from
> engaging in never ending slander that fills up FFL, his other
> contributions are mostly self-absorbed monotonous poorly written
> monologues. He also has a hatred for women, except for those who are
> far too young for the old man.
>
> OffWorld

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:59 AM