On Sep 17, 2007, at 10:24 AM, authfriend wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2007, at 11:51 PM, Bronte Baxter wrote:
>
> > I think it dismisses way too much to reduce the gods to
qualities
> > of consciousness. In the sense that we are all just qualities of
> > consciousness, I suppose you could say that's true. But in the
> > practical sense, the gods are unique individuals, no different
that
> > way than a flesh-and-blood person. They simply exist on a
dimension
> > that is vibrating faster than this one and therefore not visible
> > the eye.
>

> Just glancing over it, it smells of TMO reductionism.

Better clean out your nose, Vaj. It's not just a
TMO notion by any means.

Nor did I indicate it was. It's been a popular trend since at least Aurobindo, but possibly a Vaishnavite trend which is much older. I tend to associate this trend to British raj Vaishnavite trends though, esp. in regard to westerners. TMO probably takes the cake though in regards to such distortions.

 Restoring the purity of the tradition? LOL, tell it to someone else.