Vaj wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> For the HDTV fans here this is a clip I took yesterday at a local park
>> with the inexpensive Aiptek A-HD camcorder which shoots 1280x720p hi-def
>> video. It sells for $170 MSRP and ~$150 street. The purpose of the
>> clip was to test panning with the camera. Their previous model produced
>> wavy video when panning.
>> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D5BXZL47
>
> Well my only problem is that it doesn't seem to have any sort of
> stability control--or was it turned off? Does it allow an external
> mic? I could really hear your breathing quite clearly.
>
> Color looks great though.
It's a very basic point and shoot camera.  There is no external input
for a microphone.  I had this problem though with a Sony PC7 way back
years ago when they chose to put the microphone on the top.  At this
price there is no stabilization but most people just shoot brief
sequences with no panning or on a tripod.  For me it is something I can
put in my pocket in case something comes up I want to shoot but I have a
Sony HC1 HD camera for more serious stuff and I use a shotgun microphone
with it.