Jim Elliot, American Missionary who was martyred for the faith:

"You wonder why people choose fields away from the States when young people at
home are drifting because no one wants to take time to listen to their
problems. I'll tell you why I left. Because those Stateside young people have
every opportunity to study, hear, and understand the Word of God in their own
language, and these Indians have no opportunity whatsoever. I have had to make
a cross of two logs, and lie down on it, to show the Indians what it means to
crucify a man. When there is that much ignorance over here and so much
knowledge and opportunity over there, I have no question in my mind why God
sent me here. Those whimpering Stateside young people will wake up on the Day
of Judgment condemned to worse fates than these demon-fearing Indians, because,
having a Bible, they were bored with it---while these never heard of such a
thing as writing."

"What good are Greek, commentaries, insight, gift, and all the rest, if there
is no heart for Christ?"

"Always seek peace between your heart and God, but in this world, always be
careful to remain ever-restless, never satisfied, and always abounding in the
work of the Lord."

"I lack the fervency, vitality, life, in prayer which I long for. I know that
many consider it fanaticism when they hear anything which does not conform to
the conventional, sleep-inducing eulogies so often rising from Laodicean lips;
but I know too that these same people can acquiescently tolerate sin in their
lives and in the church without so much as tilting one hair of their eyebrows."

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe
to be the will of God."

"Lord, make me a crisis man.  Let me not be a mile-post on a single road, but
make me a fork that men must turn one way or another in facing Christ in me."

"He makes His ministers a flame of fire.  Am I ignitible?  God deliver me from
the dread asbestos of 'other things.' Saturate me with the oil of the Spirit
that I may be aflame.  But flame is transient, often short lived.  Canst thou
bear this, my soul - short life?  ... Make me thy fuel, Flame of God."

"God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life, that I may burn for
Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a
full one, like You, Lord Jesus."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/hYiolB/TM

Recipes</a>
Recipes</a>