Grief, Part 1

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of
power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are
messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” ~ Washington Irving

“No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.” ~ C.S. Lewis

“Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the
fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact
that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day
thinking about living each day in grief.” ~ C.S. Lewis

“Some of your hurts you have cured,

And the sharpest you still have survived,

But what torments of grief you endured

>From evils which never arrived!” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.” ~ Aeschylus

“My grief lies all within,

And these external manners of lament

Are merely shadows to the unseen grief

That swells with silence in the tortured soul.” ~ William Shakespeare

Recipes</a>

Yahoo! Groups Links