On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:

> But i don't know that how type farsi in KDE or GNOME.

Use Red Hat 8.0's KDE and GNOME. GNOME's 'gedit' support Persian, and also
some of the KDE text editors (I can't remember which do). The Persian
keyboard layout is also included in Red Hat 8.0 if you install it, but you
may need to install fonts of your own, which you may get from your Windows
fonts directory, or download some from:

        http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

I also have a post about enabling the Persian keyboard in Red Hat 7.3's
KDE at:

        http://lists.sharif.edu/pipermail/farsikde/2002-June/000369.html

But I don't know if exactly the same procedure will work with Red Hat 8.0.

roozbeh