As part of a set of TTF fonts we are planning to release in
100% Unicode-compatible format, we are happy to release our first font,
Koodak.  This font is in alpha status, and we need your help in order to
fix possible bugs.  Installation instructions are at the end of this
notice.

The font itself, is available from:

   http://www.farsiweb.info/font/koodak.zip

You can report bugs to:

   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please note that we are only claiming support for Red Hat Linux 8.0 and
9 (and future releases) and Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP (and future
versions).  The fonts may work on other operating systems or platforms,
but we have no plan to test or support them (although we will be very
happy to hear about possible bugs).  Also, note that sometimes the bug
is in the OS or the software, not in the font: one can't fix a buggy
software by changing a font.

These are the known bugs that we are planning to fix in later versions:

  * The following glyphs are not supported: Rial sign, Arabic-style
    digit four, Arabic-style digit six, Oranate parentheses.
  * Tashdid ligatures (Tashdid+Fathe, ...) do not work as supposed.
  * Positioning of E'raabs is not implemented (so Kasra is too low for
    some characters).
  * Base letter+Mark ligatures (He+Hamze, Alef+Tanvin) are not
    implemented.

Important licensing information: This font is based on 'Bitstream Vera'
and the publicly-available 'Koodak' font. Because of the certain
restrictions in those, you are limited in what you can do with this
font. This is only true for this alpha release, and the final licensing
may be different:

  1. You may only distribute this font as is, without any change. You
     may NOT change the font, and you may NOT rename the font.

  2. You are allowed to redistribute this font gratis (by itself or as
     part of a package), but you may NOT sell this font by itself or as
     a part of a fonts-only package). But you are allowed to sell it
     together with some computer software.

For more specific details, please see the 'licensing' information in the
font itself.

Installation instructions for Red Hat Linux 8.0 and 9:

  1. unzip koodak.zip
  2. mkdir -p ~/.fonts
  3. cp -bf koodak.ttf ~/.fonts
  4. fc-cache ~/.fonts

Installation instructions for MS Windows 2000 and XP:

  1. Unzip the koodak.zip file.
  2. Go to "Control Panel -> Fonts".
  3. Delete all copies of any font you may have installed on your system
     named 'Koodak', 'Koodak Bold', ...
  4. Install the 'Koodak' font from the menu.

Roozbeh Pournader,
for the FarsiWeb Project Group